- This event has passed.
The New Tax Law & Energy Conservation and Efficiency Steps
June 14 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The New Tax Law and Energy Savings
Interested in saving money on your taxes and on your electricity bills?
Want to learn a lot in a short window of time?
If so, this program is for you.
An optional roundtable on workforce issues will immediately follow the panels.
8:00 – 8:30 am – Registration
8:30 – 9:30 am – Panel I
9:30 – 9:40 am – Break
9:40 -11:00 am – Panel II
11:00 – 11:10 am – Break
11:10 am – Roundtable on Workforce Issues
PANEL I – Energy Conservation and Efficiency Measures for Your Business
- Christina Chase-Pettis, Senior Communications Specialist, PA Public Utility Commission.PA Power Switch, Choose your electric supplier. How to compare electricity suppliers, switch and save on your electricity bill.
- Denise Bechdel,Team Lead for Energy and Environment, Penn State University’s PennTAP, (Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Program). PennTAP provides Pennsylvania companies no-cost, unbiased assessments to conserve energy, reduce waste, and lower energy-related costs in manufacturing facilities.
- Ronald J. Rydzak, Program Manager, Express Efficiency Program. Duquesne Light Co., Responsible for Institutional and Commercial Account Customers within the Watt Choices Program.
- John Kyriacopoulos, President, Pragmatika, Inc., What role will Senate Bill 234 play in conservation and efficiency? Can I use Section179D energy efficiency tax credits?
Panel II – Tax Reform: What does it mean for me and my business?
- Donald S. Johnston, Partner, Tax Services, Grossman Yanak & Ford, LLP
- Alexandra H. Palmer, Senior Associate-Tax Services, Grossman Yanak & Ford, LLP
- Changes for individual taxpayers – Good or bad for me?
- The Qualified Business Deduction – Does my pass-through business qualify and how much will I save?
- Other Business Changes – C corporation changes, depreciation changes and other changes.
- Other matters of importance
- S. John Kelly, Esq, Of Counsel, Strassburger, McKenna Gutnik & Gefsky
- Entity selection after Tax Reform – New entity options, should I convert my existing entity
Roundtable – Workforce Issues
- Eileen Anderson, Director, Government Relations
- Discuss workforce issues with your peers and SMC